Friday, July 14, 2017

Christian Poem - Giving Back




















Luke 20:25     
Jesus said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

Lord Jesus,
I want to give back to You
What I have taken and given
To other things.
I want to give back Sundays to You
For they were always meant
To be little Easters,
When Christians would gather together
To sing God’s praises
For forgiving our sins
And raising You from the dead.

Give me the courage
And the fortitude
To make Sundays
Full of grace again
By placing You,
Your Church,
And Your people
At the heart
Of these holy days.

Help me to seek You,
And fill me
With Your Spirit.
Teach me
To walk in Your way
Each and every Sunday,
No matter where I am,
No matter what I’m doing,
No matter how I’m feeling,
Help me to give
Sundays back to You.

Amen.

John Stuart 2017

No comments: