Thursday, April 04, 2013

Christian Devotions: Everyone Will Be Saved - Acts 2:21


Acts 2:21 ‘And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

I want everyone to be saved. That’s why I preach the Gospel on Sundays and write these messages which are read all over the world. I want people to know the joy of Jesus that I have experienced in my life. I want them to embrace His ways and live by His words. I want them to overcome their fears through their faith in Him. I want them to know that we’re not alone on this planet, but that God has created all of us for a divine purpose on Earth and an eternal life in Heaven. I want everyone to be saved – no matter who they are, where they have come from, or what they have done.

Jesus means everything to me. He saved my life when I was self-destructive. He cured me of my alcoholism. He gave me a purpose when I was intent on wasting why life. He turned me around from my faithless ways and saved me from myself. I owe Him everything and it’s a wonderful feeling to be completely indebted to the Lord. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without Jesus. He saved me and I want everyone to know of that salvation.

No one is past redemption. No one has done anything so bad that Christ cannot forgive them. No one who seeks Him is ever turned away. Everyone who calls on His Name will be saved. If I was dying today and had one last wish, it would be this: that everyone that I have ever met, known, or loved would be completely saved by Jesus Christ. This is why I preach, just like Peter; this is why I write, just like Paul.

Questions for personal reflection

What does being saved by Christ feel like to me? How can I share this with the others in my life?

Prayer:            Lord Jesus, thank You for being our Savior. Thank You for coming into this sinful broken world to save it from itself. Thank You for dying on the Cross, so that we may claim salvation through Your blood. Thank You for the Gospel which continually brings the Good News of salvation to all people throughout the world. In Your Holy Name, we cheerfully pray. Amen.

John Stuart is the pastor of Erin Presbyterian Church in Knoxville, Tennessee. If you would like to make a comment or ask a question about today’s message, please send John an email to traqair@aol.com.

Today’s image is one of John’s latest drawings for Holy Week. It’s called “Sin Bearer” and features a bloodied and bruised Christ carry His Cross to Calvary. If you would like to see a larger version, please click on the following link: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8598112375_a26a7810f0_h.jpg

No comments: