Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stewardship Devotion: Christian Compassion - Psalm 118:26


Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD. From the house of the LORD we bless you.      Psalm 118:26

I like to think that churches are all blessings to the communities where they reside. I know that when I was growing up in a deprived area of Glasgow, Scotland, the local churches had various programs, Sunday schools, and services that meant a lot to my family and friends.

In our own congregation, I have also seen that same blessing at work among the lives of our people. Whenever there is a crisis, illness, or sadness, our church people rally to kindly, lovingly, and compassionately support those in need. It’s a wonderful way to express our living faith; it’s a beautiful blessing to bestow on other people.

Question: How does my giving empower the church to become a blessing to other people?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for Your churches and people all over the world. May we and they be a blessing to others in need of faith, hope, and love. Amen.

No comments: