Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Christian Poetry - Too Full





















Too Full

My study is full of books
That I will never read.
Some were gifts,
Others bought at sales,
Or purchased at a time
When I felt their need.
I’ve opened some pages
And scanned a few chapters.
I’ve looked for quotes
And sought some illustrations,
But honestly,
Despite what people say,
You can have too many books
And not enough time to read them.

My mind is full of events
That I will never revisit.
Some were sad,
Others were painful,
Or experienced at a time
Beyond my control.
I’ve ousted some people
And shattered a few dreams.
I’ve remembered words
And fought some conflagrations,
But honestly,
Despite what people think,
You can have too many thoughts
And not enough time to review them.

My heart is full of debts
That I can never repay.
Some were sinful,
Others were foolish,
Or desired at a time
When I felt compelled.
I’m ashamed of some
And regretted more than a few.
I’ve hidden secrets
And wrestled with temptations,
But honestly,
Despite what people believe,
You can’t have too many sins
And not enough of Christ to forgive them.

© John Stuart 2018


No comments: