Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Buying a Kindle: Top Ten reasons for Buying a Kindle this Christmas!


10:       You can carry many books at once without hurting your arm or bursting a bag.

9:         You can subscribe to your favorite magazine, newspaper, or blogger.

8:         You don’t have to make any more room in your house for used books.



7:         You don’t need a garage sale to get rid of your used books.

6:         You can send important pdf documents to your Kindle and impress your boss.

5:         Everybody at the local coffee house now thinks that you’re cool.



4:         You can turn pages at the flick of a button.

3:         You can highlight and store favorite quotations.

2:         You get best sellers downloaded immediately at unbeatable prices.

1:         You don’t have to wait in line at the bookstore anymore!

Go on, you know you want one!

2 comments:

XanSkinner said...

Ha ha, now you're making me look like an old codger! I (mostly) only buy used books, which often can be found for as little as $1 - $3 on Amazon. Then I can mark them up, read them over and over, and then give them to my friends or sell them when I'm done with them. I don't think I can do that on Kindle: I can't buy them used, I can't mark them up, and I can't resell them. Right? But I admit I do have a Bible version on my iPod which is very convenient when looking up words or verses, that I can go straight to the spot I'm looking for using a word search -- no more "where IS that passage .. I think it was somewhere in the minor prophets . . . that talked about ... ."

Jody Harrington said...

I do love love love my Kindle, too. Haven't been reading blogs on it yet, though. Maybe I should!